The Sam Houston Area Council, Boy Scouts of America, is seeking nominations of Chartered Partners that have demonstrated excellence in relationships. One community-based organization from each district or division will be selected by the Council Relationships Committee to receive recognition each year.
- To encourage excellence in relationships between Chartered Partners and The Sam Houston Area Council.
- To provide examples of excellence in relationships from which others may learn.
- To create an annual recognition providing visibility for recipients of the award.
Nominees are from religious bodies, educational groups, civic/service/fraternal associations, business/industry/labor, and military/veterans’ organizations. Nominees must charter a unit(s) within the Sam Houston Area Council boundaries.
The following are examples of criteria, a combination of which might make a possible candidate for this recognition. This list is not inclusive as there are many other areas that could be considered. Evaluators will look for evidence of the following:
- Demonstrates outstanding or distinctive relationships beyond the normal expectation.
- Provides noteworthy service to youth, contributing to increased youth participation.
- Cooperates with the district and/or council.
- Involves the instructional head in the selection of quality unit leadership.
- Causes greater comprehension in the use of Scouting within the community organization.
The Chartered Partner will receive a plaque bearing the Chartered Partner’s logo and inscription plate bearing the recipient’s name and date of recognition at the annual Mustang District Dinner.
Care should be taken that all of the information requested on this nomination form is provided.