Lone Star Flight Museum Overnights and Aviation Merit Badge
The Lone Star Flight Museum, located at the entrance to Ellington Airport, is home to over two dozen flightworthy aircraft including historic WWII era bombers and fighters, the Flight Academy explaining the science of flight, a bay of flight simulators and the Mooney Hangar for preflight inspections, and the history of aviation in the Heritage Gallery. Scouts can sign up for merit badge workshops for Aviation, Electronics, Weather, and American Heritage. The cost is $30 per Scout and $5 for adults. The Aviation Merit Badge is also available for troops during an overnight, and Cub Scout packs can do fun flying activities and spend the night under the wings of a warbird. For questions, email email@example.com.
Register for Merit Badge Classes Sign up for Overnights
HMNS Scout Classes
The Houston Museum of Natural Science offers a variety of classes and programs for Scouts.
- Merit badge to adventure classes are offered throughout the school year and may be taken in-person or virtually.
- In-person classes include admission to all permanent exhibits for the Scout and one chaperone.
- Summer classes are offered as 5-day, two-day or one-day classes for Scouts BSA and 5-day classes for Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts.
- Badges on Demand are for dens or troops who want to schedule a private class to work on an adventure or merit badge.
- Bring the museum to a pack or troop meeting with Outreach programs.
- Packs can Spend the Night at the museum!
- STEM Nova Day is held every October!
Rosenberg Railroad Museum
The Rosenberg Railroad Museum maintains exhibits relating to local railroad history, has a mission of education and preservation of Fort Bend County's rich railroad history. The museum is offering merit badge classes (Signs, Signals and Codes, Railroading, First Aid, and Citizenship in the World). The cost is $40 per Scout and includes parent admission to the museum. Presentations are scheduled on select Saturdays during the school year from 10 am to 1 pm (except First Aid is from 10 am to 2 pm). During the summer, the classes are on select Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays from 10 to 1pm. To register, contact Donna Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org, call the museum at 281-633-2846.